Donors who support our Academic Success programs are passionate about:
- Supporting our schools
- Career and technical programs in the schools
- Trauma-informed education
- Employing local artists to work in the classrooms
- Culturally relevant music education
What You Are Supporting:
- Local artists teaching in public schools
- Industry-Standard recording equipment and music production software
- Classroom supplies including notebooks, headphones, and flash drives
Current Class Offerings:
Students learn the basics of digital music production and build an appreciation for the historical-cultural significance represented in various musical genres. Students will build their own beat and explore the music industry.
This intro level course will support students in exploring the modern music landscape. The class is intended to expand their musical horizons and discuss relevant music culture and events both historic and current.
Students learn basic song structure and music technology fundamentals to create a platform of self-expression. This course can be offered as an alternative to creative writing.
Identity, Power, & Music
This course will develop students' socio-political consciousness in their connections to local and national history through the lens of music. We focus on social justice, social change, and music as historical data.