Music Matters March
The 4th Annual Music Matters March - 2022
The month of March is a time when the music community can come together and collectively agree that “music matters”
(this campaign is the whole month of March!)
Every $1 Makes a Difference and local venues, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, are coming together to make a difference for the whole month of March! Did you know Youth on Record is serving nearly 3000 students each year?
Who's Participating & how
Over 40 LOCATIONS!
- Denver Westword
Gold Sponsors Include:
- Tito's Handmade Vodka is matching up to $2500 raised at all participating locations that feature a Tito's Handmade Vodka Cocktail
- Odell Brewing is matching up to $2500 raised at all participating locations that feature an Odell Beer
Make sure you support these venues in the month of March as they are all supporting Youth on Record!
- Black Sheep | every ticket sold to any show in the month of March, 50 cents per ticket will go to YOR.
- Dazzle Denver - Ticket buyers can add donations to their tickets on the checkout page on our website - $1 from every Tito's Chocolate Martini and Odell Sippin' Pretty goes back to YOR
- Empourium Brewing | 10% of of sales of "Peace, Love and Pale Ale" their Extra Pale Ale for the month of March
- Fillmore Auditorium | details pending
- Fort Greene | featuring Tito's Night Queen and Odell Sippin' Pretty
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver | Co-branded bracelets will be sold at all locations to raise money for YOR & % of drink sales at the Denver location will benefit YOR PLUS! Join us on March 8th for a FEMpowered show from 5-7pm with Edwina Maben, Bailey Elora and Ashley Nova
- Hard Rock Cafe Honolulu
- Hard Rock Cafe Seattle
- Hard Rock Cafe San Francisco
- Hard Rock Cafe San Diego
- Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood Blvd
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hydrate Bar Bonnie Brae | a portion of proceeds from every Katie Cocktail benefits the organization to support their mission! The Katie Cocktail, named after founder Katie Wafer Gillberg, is an IV Hydration treatment that contains b-complex, zinc, calcium, magnesium, glutathione, & a double dose of vitamin C. BONUS: Use 20% off promo code: YOUTH20! Locations include Bonnie Brae, Boulder, Cherry Creek, Highlands, and Highlands Ranch spas
- Hydrate Bar Boulder
- Hydrate Bar Cherry Creek
- Hydrate Bar Highlands
- Hydrate Bar Highlands Ranch
- Illegal Pete's ALL Colorado Locations | Tito's Handmade Vodka Summer at Red Rocks Cocktail at all locations
- Illegal Pete's Lower Downtown Denver |
- Illegal Pete's Park Hill | Acoustic music from Wynn Rutberg 2pm - 4pm
- Illegal Pete's Denver - Northside | Acoustic music from Rene Moffat 4pm - 6pm
- Illegal Pete's Fort Collins - Old Town | details coming soon
- Illegal Pete's South Broadway | details coming soon
- Illegal Pete's DTC | details coming soon
- Illegal Pete's Colfax | Acoustic music from Cory Phare 4pm - 6pm
- Illegal Pete's Boulder - Pearl Street | details coming soon
- Illegal Pete's Boulder - The Hill | details coming soon
- Illegal Pete's DU | music from Ian Johnson 4pm - 6pm
- Indie 102.3 & 303 Magazine - 303 Day at Number Thirty Eight
- Lion's Lair More details coming soon
- Local 46 | featuring Tito's The Local Jam and Odell Sippin' Pretty
- Marquis Theater - Jawbox - March 22nd | Colorscapes, 3/26
- Nocturne Jazz - Donate $1 for every cover charge or dinner and a show reservation for March. Plus! You can donate with any pre-paid reservation in March - featuring Tito's Summer in Sangres and Odell 90 Schilling
- Novo Coffee Online | A 12oz Branded Music Matters blend of coffee, 40% of all sales go to YOR, you can purchase these at all 3 retail locations and through the website
- Novo Coffee Glenarm
- Novo Coffee Gilpin
- Novo Coffee Highlands
- Number 38 | More details coming soon
- Odell Brewing Five Points | percentage of beer from the community tap
- Odell Brewing Sloans Lake Brewhouse & Pizzeria | percentage of beer from the community tap
- Redeemer Pizza
- Roxy on Broadway | Donation line on credit card receipts | featuring Tito's Tiger Milk and Odell Hazer Tag
- Summit Denver - K. Flay, 3/4 | Between the Buried and Me, 3/15 | Fit For A King, 3/16 | Outlaw Country Revisited, 3/19 | The Amity Affliction, 3/27 | Animals As Leaders, 3/30
- The 6th Clothing Co. | an additional 10% on the YOR items only (16% of purchase price) will go to YOR & 6% of sales price, for all other items, will be automatically donated to YOR when you add to cart through the end of March (aside from products for other nonprofit partners)
How do I contribute as a local business?
Venues, artists, and small businesses are showing their support in the following ways:
- donations from $.25-$1.00 from ticket sales or the door
- donate a % from the month, a special drink or food
- some artists performing have chosen to match the $.25-$1.00 from their own ticket sales and have joined our Music Ambassador Program
- donation buckets behind the bars / counter
- add YOR as a donation line on your credit card receipts
- running a raffle at the show
- others are making a direct donation
- Or....Get Creative and let us know what ideas you have!
Interested in joining in the fun?
Email Andrea Viarrial-Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds raised will support all 3 of our program pillars
Academic Success is a pathway to personal freedom. YOR teaches middle and high school classes, led by local, community musicians who are trained in YOR's liberatory, engaged and anti-racist teaching pedagogy. In addition to teaching classes, YOR supports it's school partners with professional development trainings, as well as districtwide Career Pathways course development and instruction.
Access to greater economic opportunities supports individual and community freedom. YOR offers programming that increases the opportunities for and likelihood that young people will build the skills, networks, confidence, and strategies to become economically self-sufficient, doing work that they love, and are passionate about.
Building strong, supportive, inclusive communities fortifies young people's individual and collective freedom and power. In an effort to support the voices and value of our young people, YOR offers programming that engages communities, both in person and virtually, with youth music, youth voices, youth identities, and youth power.
All Youth on Record Programs include healthy Mentorships.