Good day friends! First and foremost, we at Youth On Record and Flobots.org would like to extend to anyone reading this a warm thank you for your interest in what we do. We have had an incredibly busy summer doing all the things that it takes to run a program such as ours. We are so inspired by those we serve and work and look forward to the future we are creating together.
We are so fortunate to share our lives with so many incredible people and the daily events that these folks inspire lead to experiences that shape who we are becoming as, not only as individuals, but as productive members of our community. The connections we have made through Youth On Record affirm and support our mission to help others, and for this we are most grateful. Particularly, we are excited to navigate the logistics of a long term working relationship with each of the residential treatment centers with whom we are partnered. New times demand innovation and together we hope to exhibit the very characteristics we wish to instill in the students we serve.
Here are some of the highlights of the past month, as it has been a busy one:
- This past week we exposed close to one-hundred youth to the world of music production at the Sunnyside Music Festival in the Highland’s area of North Denver. It was a fantastic event featuring local music, art, as well as many activities for the area’s young people. Youth On Record and Flobots.org is proud to be a beneficiary of one of the many charitable donations made by the Sunnyside Music Festival.
- Youth On Record students are writing a monthly article in the Colorado Music Buzz Magazine. CMB is a Denver staple, informing the public on everything music related, while highlighting music's dynamic nature. Check out what our students and other great minds have to say about how music effects our lives.
- Flobots.org and Youth On Record are proud to announce the beginning of our first program outside the boarders of Colorado. Youth On Record-Alaska began programming this week at the Haven House in Homer, Alaska. Cody Davidson heads the ship in the mighty North and we look forward to the challenges and successes we will inevitably encounter. Go get ‘em Cody, we are so proud of you!
- Devereux Cleo Wallace hosted the first ever Youth On Record “recording night” this past week. Recording night is an opportunity for students to record lyrics and reflects the ongoing attempts of us, and those with whom we work, to establish a working schedule that optimizes our student's chances of success in our program. This is also an opportunity for those not in the class, but who have shown consistent progress in their treatment, to partake in some of what Youth On Record has to offer.
- This month Youth On Record represented Flobots.org at the Green Route Festival in the Larimer district of Denver. This was an opportunity for us to showcase our program among many of the progressive, green businesses of this great city. Local music and food was also featured and contributed to the good times. Thank you to all our neighbors and we cherish the relationships that events like this reinforce.
- The Shiloh House of Denver invited Youth On Record to present what we do with their students at the September all-campus assembly. It was an opportunity for us to highlight each of our Shiloh student’s music and explain our program. We have worked with three of the five Shiloh campuses, so it was also an opportunity to reunite with some folks from our recent past. Thank you to the Shiloh Home for their warm welcome and continuing commitment to helping us help their students.
We need to mention that part of the reality of working with our specific population is that all of those with whom we work leave our program. Although we often contribute to the success of their treatment and their leaving is frequently an indication of this success, it is never the less difficult to see them go and we very rarely have a chance to say good bye. So, on behalf of all those with whom we work good-bye and congratulations.
Finally, the annual fundraiser of Flobots.org is rapidly approaching. This year the event will feature many of the best local musicians bowling and performing with members of our community. Check out all the details at our website!
Thanks again for everybody’s support over the past few months and we look forward to moving forward with all of you!